Friday, March 26, 2010

changing lives

I'm sitting in Unstoppable Force Tattoo, here in Richmond, Reading the Happiness Project on my kindle, and watching my brother ge his first tattoo. It hit me that in the last week, and really since I have been reading this book, I have really applied Gretchen's (the author) experiences to my own life! I have loved my most recent job, but was losing way too much time with all of the travel. While i was in town I got down to some serious work, risking rejection, and braving the job market. I found a new job here in town. A slight pay cut, but with it comes opportunity. A chance to do what i want to do. Next week I will be persuing my real estate liscence. Yes, in this economy, why the hell not? I have been one of the most successful people in my peer group in this painful economy, why not try it? Its not like I have anything to lose! The time has also given me the chance to dust off my camera and really get back into my photography. I am not looking to make money off of it, but I do need to get into my hobbies. I have been looking for a room mate and have found a house in Byrd Park, which I am very hopeful will pan out. I will try to post my progress more and more as we go. I am so excited and confident that these changes will all be in the right direction!

No comments: