Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cleveland Rocks!

Since August of 2008, I have been working in Cleveland, Ohio every Monday and Friday. Naturally, at first, I was a bit nervous at the though of this scary scary city, Home of Bone Thugs "N Harmony, one of the highest murder rates in Ohio, and the North East, frightfully cold weather, and scariest of all, Drew Carey!! It was in November of 2008 that I was pistol whipped in the face, during an armed robbery at the Family Dollar store on Lake Shore Blvd, and 159th st. just a few weeks ago, it was a tropical -22 degrees and snowing, I felt like diving into the beach! Despite all this, I still find myself drawn to this place. I have some family members in neighboring Elyria, Oh and this week I stayed over to visit. The place was decent enough, and I began talks of perhaps a relocation.

I took it on myself to ask the locals what they thought of their town, no matter who you ask, the answer always starts off the same "We got a shitty football team!" most people agree "I hate the snow," or "Nothin up here!" seeing as I have a job already, and the cost of living is so much lower in Cleveland than it is in Richmond, I decided to find out what reasons I would have for a stint in the Cleve.

First if all, the "shitt football team" is of course the Browns, they are rather crappy, but still, Ive always wanted to live somewhere where I could go to a game, and do that whole thing. Then there is The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame... AWESOME!!! Lake Erie, which is like an Ocean to me! Cleveland is large city, whith a large gay community, And I think I could really see myself enjoying a year or 2 there!







No comments: