Monday, August 15, 2011

42nd Street Trip

By now, most true Richmonders have become very familiar with, or are aware of Dead Rock. I have been exploring this river for years, and there really is no part of it where someone hasn't been, or tagged as their spot. Today, on a whim to switch it up a bit, I decided to tag along with some folks to 42nd Street, which is not a place I tend to go that often. Normally by the time I get home from work on weekdays, I will just walk over to Belle Isle, or a quick ride to Texas Beach. I had a great time, as is to be expected from a summer evening on the James, and saw some great, new-to-me scenery. This could be one of my favorite pieces I have seen at the river, to date. I would also be willing to make it my new "Dead Rock." There is a great little tiny space of shell filled sand, and great whirlpool holes for fire hosting.... perhaps a bonfire will be in my future soon!!

No comments: