Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Smoke, Walk, Wander, Drink, Play

Everytime I start a movie on Netflix, something will ALWAYS come up to stop me from finishing it. Usually me falling asleep. So I get really excited when I get a burst of energy half way through the film, thinking to myself "Is this really happening? Might I actually finish this movie?" ...the answer this time, ended up being NO! But its all good, a few good rips down, and I was out the door with the dog again. This time walking towards VCU, and into Monroe Park. The dog LOVES performing basic civil functions, such as trying to remove hurricane fallen trees from the municipal walkways. And cleanup of general urban debris.

The city is finally waking from its slow summer slumber, as VCU has packed this town to bursting seams with a fresh new batch of scenesters and  future executives. And there is always something to see, when walking around campus. And I always take the long way, careful to get into every alley and boarded up entry I pass. Like this random abandoned, possibly under renovation, apartment building on Grace near Belvidere.

Or all the traffic light control boxes on Broad in the art walk area.







Or the Free Books box!

 And the temptation to make a purchase, for future stumblings around, where I can do less work, and get the dog to pull me around!

What better way to navigate these streets? And if you are ever stuck on Broad Street, looking for the hottest spots on the river, never fear, cause there are bad ass directionals boarded over busted windows and doorways. 












No comments: