Thursday, September 1, 2011

Craving That River!!

OMG, the WORST part about being trapped in this damn office all day, besides everything, is that I can't go to the river! When I get out of here at 5pm, if I'm lucky, I still have to jump in line with the masses of ticky-tacky suburbanites, and fight them for 20-45 minutes while they go through my city to get to their south side suburban homes. By the time I get to my lavish Victorian downtown estate, the damn sun is going down, and my skin gets whiter by the day!! So now I am left still going to the river, to get the dog tired, and laying on my roof top taking topless naps trying to soak in every ray I can!! All I have are memories, and photographs, of fun times once had on the mighty James! And I tease myself with them every day as my life dwindles away in a timeless trap of ceiling tiles, and florescent lights. One thing I know for sure, is that someday, very soon, I am going to be sitting on a boat, or a rock, or something of the sort, with a drink, and a tan, and call it a day at the office!


No comments: