Thursday, September 1, 2011

Richmond is Made of Roller Coaster Parts

Walking around town today, because once again I fell victim to the elusive COMMUTE, and missed the river! I got a proper bake on and stuffed my ears with some playlist that Genius created based on Delphic. I turned my attention towards the canal walk, once I got to Main Street Station, and noticed that with I-95 and all of the railroad bridges weaving and winding themselves over downtown, I noticed that Richmond seems to be one big roller coaster. Or at least built of the ghosts of roller coasters passed. The rusting supports, and roaring freeway overhead offer a feeling of craze, and somehow provide security, that our city will always be relevant. Nothing eases my soul, in times of stress or sadness, better than getting lost in the commotion of this sleepy ass town.

The knowledge that at any given moment, something great, average, filthy, wealthy, or evil could literally be right over our heads, brings power, and importance!



No comments: