Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back To Richmond

Took a super short weekend hop to the Virginia Beach, which was just what i needed to get my mind right. Who doesn't love the beach right? The city of Virginia Beach is so concerned with their squeaky clean  image for the Canadian and Pennsylvanian tourists, which have taken the whole place over every summer for years. There are no tattoo parlors in the city, and there is a definite public down-stare on profanity, and its use on the strip. Feeling burnt, relaxed, and of course, properly baked, I decided I would accompany my roommate and his friend to Rite-Aid, so I could address my after- sun needs. Pulling from the lot, I decided to roll a few blocks down the alley between Broad and Franklin, in Jackson Ward. I was so excited to see that the Richmond alley's were still there waiting for me! The overgrown gardens of row houses spilling random flowers over fences, and through cracks in the bricks, and random little tags in the most inconspicuous places. The sun was starting to set, and the lighting was right to enjoy this city in its best summer Sunday evening tranquility of dirt, grim, stickers and spray-paint.






No comments: